Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Back and Feeling Much Better

It is hard to believe that my last post had been on a summer day in 2011.  Now, my dear "babies," please do not interpret this break in posting as falling off the face of the Earth.

On the contrary.  I was having an identity crisis, or at least a form of one.

I have been so happy with the overwhelming support and love for Kora & Penelope.  To think that anyone, let alone more than ONE person, would be interested in my work has been the beginning of so many blessings.  However, as a consumer and an entrepreneur, I often filled my days with this nagging feeling (I like to think of them as "thought wasps") that something was missing.  Not a gaping-hole-need-to-be-filled-with-a-solution missing, but the type of missing where what you are searching for is in fact in front of you, but you don't have the tools or the inclination to look for it.  I equate it to my daily mistake of searching for my glasses and finding them nestled safely on top of my head.  While this may be considered charming for a young, absent-minded professor, this drives the more organized part of me crazy (what's left of that part anyway.  I can feel my meticulous habits slowly dwindling as my research workload and creative projects rise in volume).   No matter how hard I looked, I could not find those proverbial glasses.

So I did what came naturally.  I asked tons of questions, I put my shop under a microscope, I spoke with customers - you name it.  But those "glasses" refused to come out and play.

After months of deliberating, those proverbial glasses came crashing off my head and until the desk (all proverbial furniture, mind you).  While I was proud of Kora & Penelope's products and audience appeal, I realized I was doing a disservice to the brand if I didn't expand my creative horizons.  So I locked myself away and between conferences, classes, papers, and deadlines I began to create.

So here we are.  2012 and Kora & Penelope is getting ready for our first big Spring Sale (I was playing around with Sale-a-bration or something equally silly, but that's still under construction).  Still the same beautiful jewelry, still the same fair, reasonable prices.  BUT NOW, you get MORE stories, MORE products to choose from and MORE visual treats to feast your eyes upon as you scroll through our shop.  I'm so excited to show you what I've been working on!  And yes, accessories for those with glasses are on the list!

It's a whole new year.  Why not spend it with Kora & Penelope?

No comments: