Tuesday, March 22, 2011

And...We hit One Week!

Whew!  Tomorrow makes the one week anniversary of Kora & Penelope!  After all of the stress and worry, it finally happened.  Every time I check out the shop, I get this little twinge of pride.  It's all unicorns and rainbows and chocolate chip cookies from here, people.  Well, not quite.

So now what? 

Good rhetorical question, hypothetical me.  Now we post!  We create!  We blog!  We tweet!  Well, not "we."  Just me.  And that's more than enough.  I'm still trying to work out a schedule as to when to post and when to blog.  The spring semester is wrapping up quickly, so I need to balance K&P with my students.  Naturally, both are very important parts of my life.  Not to mention the rest of my life too - I like being busy; it keeps me out of trouble.

Of course, there are other projects on the horizon too.  I'm turning the "spare" room (AKA the room where we throw our junk) into a library.  Complete with a crafter's closet!  I'm happiest when I'm a) creating, b) reading, or c) working.  Working all three into a library seemed like a great idea.  To quote Virginia Woolf, "a woman needs a little money and room of her own."  It was true then, and it's still true now.  Right now, I'm concentrating on the room of my own. 

After a very successful DIY invite session, my friend, Carolyn (the bride-to-be) has some of her invites done.  We still need to finish them up, but we have a great system going.  To anyone who is looking to emboss her invites - keep your cat away from the embossment powder!  I will say no more.  ; )

Aside from posting on K&P, I'm working on a mini-catalogue to share with my new customers.  I'll keep you all in the loop!

More next time, dear readers.  I'm hearing snow in this area tonight.  Fingers crossed that my classes DO NOT get cancelled!  I'm over snow days - Too much make-up work. (although, I could craft at home....hmmmm.  Kidding!!!)

No comments: